Available to existing facilities and new construction projects, the Lighting Incentives for Business Program is offered to Maryland commercial, industrial, governmental and institutional customers of Potomac Edison to encourage participants to install high-efficiency lighting equipment.
Retrofit project incentives are capped at the calculated project incentive or up to 50 percent of the total project costs (including labor), whichever is less, and up to 75 percent of the incremental cost for new construction projects. All equipment must be currently listed by either ENERGY STAR, or the DLC (Design Lights Consortium).
Eligible Measures and Incentives
Cash incentives are available for installation of:
- LED fixtures
- LED lamps/bulbs
- LED exit signs
- Occupancy and lighting controls
All Type B LED Lamps are not eligible for incentives under this program. Type B LEDs are lamps where the wiring from the existing ballast is terminated, the sockets are rewired from the branch circuit, and the LED operates from line voltage supplied directly to the fixture; the LED has an internal driver.
Instant Discounts are available on qualified LED lighting products at a distributor near you – no paperwork, no wait. Learn more.
All Lighting Incentives for Business Program applications received by the program will require pre-approval before the purchase and installation of materials.
To qualify for incentives through the Lighting Incentives for Business Program, equipment must have been purchased and installed after January 1, 2021, and after the receipt of a formal pre-approval letter from the Program Administrator.
How Do I Apply for Incentives?
The participant should complete and submit a Lighting Program application online and upload required documents through the application portal. The following documents are required for a pre-approval:
- Potomac Edison lighting calculator spreadsheet. (This requirement is waived for projects involving only the installation of LED channel letter signage.)
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for the proposed equipment. Please highlight all relevant information such as the equipment efficiency ratings.
- Letter attesting to the facility hours of operation (if applicable)
- W-9 tax form for the incentive payee
- Copy of utility bill to conﬁrm account number and service address. If desired, the participant may obscure all cost and rate-related information.
The Program Administrator will notify the applicant via email when the review is complete and funds have been reserved. Upon receipt of a Program pre-approval email, participants may purchase and install their energy-efficient equipment.
Once the project is complete, the participant should review the approved application for any changes to the project that occurred during installation and make any needed corrections. The following final documentation should be submitted to the Program Administrator for review:
- Detailed, itemized invoices or proofs of purchase for the equipment installed
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for any additional equipment installed (if applicable).
- Revised Potomac Edison lighting calculator spreadsheet. (This requirement is waived if no changes were made during construction.)
- Completed letter of attestation
Upon receipt and verification of all required documentation, the incentive check will be processed and mailed to the applicant or to an authorized representative, if requested on the application. Apply online or contact us at 855-801-5803 for assistance.