Prescriptive agricultural incentives are available to Maryland commercial and industrial retail service customers of Potomac Edison. The Program offers incentives and information to encourage participants to install high-efficiency equipment.
Program incentives cover up to 50 percent of the total cost for projects.
Eligible Measures and Incentives
Flat-rate incentives are available for the following equipment categories:
- Variable frequency drives on dairy vacuum pumps
- Automatic milker takeoffs
- Dairy scroll compressors
- High efficiency ventilation fans and controls
- High-volume, low-speed fans
- Low energy livestock waterers
All applications received by the Program will require pre-approval before the purchase and installation of equipment.
To qualify for incentives through this Program, equipment must have been purchased and installed after January 1, 2021, and after the receipt of a pre-approval email from the Program Administrator.
How Do I Apply for Incentives?
Register as a customer or a Program Ally using the online application portal. Once you’ve registered, you can create and submit a rebate application. You will need to upload the following required documents to submit the application for pre-approval:
- W-9 tax form for who is receiving the rebate check, dated within the last 2 years and wet signed.
- Potomac Edison electric bill to confirm account number and service address, dated within the last 3 months. If desired, the participant may obscure all cost and rebate related information.
- Cost estimate breaking out the equipment cost and labor cost. Must include model number, quantity, and unit cost.
- Savings calculator workbook
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for the proposed Please highlight all relevant information such as the equipment efficiency ratings.
- A DLC or Energy Star® Listing, if applicable
We will review your application to ensure eligibility and, if your application is approved, will send an Incentive Offer Letter via email. All incentive offers are contingent upon eligibility and program funding. Before proceeding with construction, please verify your acceptance of this incentive and intent to move forward with the project. Upload the acknowledged Offer Acceptance to the application through the Offers tab in the portal.
Once the project is complete, the participant should review the approved application for any changes to the project that occurred during installation and make any needed corrections. To complete the application, you will need to log in to the portal and upload the following documentation for final review:
- Invoice(s), breaking out the equipment cost and the labor cost. Must include the model number, quantity, and unit cost.
- Incentive Payment Request Form (the last page of the Offer Letter).
- Letter of Attestation, must be wet signed
- Incentive Request Form, when rebate check is going to any one other than the customer. Must be wet signed.
- Manufacturers’ specification (cut) sheets for any additional equipment installed.
- Revised calculator workbook if scope of work has changed.