Energy expenses typically account for more than 50 percent of a farm’s total operating budget, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. By reducing energy, your farm can allocate more money toward the profitable parts of your operation.
We can help reduce your energy costs by assessing your facility, providing energy efficiency recommendations, helping you find a Program Ally and providing incentives for energy efficiency upgrades towards things like variable frequency drives (VFDs) on dairy vacuum pumps, high-efficiency ventilation fans, livestock waterers and more.
Is it time to upgrade to more efficient equipment? 6 questions to ask:
- Are you still using high intensity discharge and fluorescent lighting?
- Do your vacuum pumps systems lack speed controls?
- Is there an opportunity to improve efficiency of your ventilation system?
- Are your livestock waterers uninsulated?
- Are you using high efficiency scroll compressors?
- Are you optimizing milking with automatic takeoffs?